Sonicare HX8111/02 AirFloss
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.
Sonicare AirFloss - an easier way to clean in between teeth
Philips Sonicare AirFloss is an effective, easy and gentle way to clean in between your teeth. The innovative AirFloss uses Philips' breakthrough Microburst technology to remove plaque from inbetween teeth with a quick burst of air and micro-water droplets for a fresh, clean feeling. Studies have shown that when used with a manual toothbrush, Sonicare AirFloss removes up to 99% more plaque between teeth than brushing alone. AirFloss is also pleasant to use. After one month, 96% of inconsistent flossers continued to use Sonicare AirFloss four or more days per week.
The AirFloss has an ergonomically designed handle and angled nozzle to access all areas of the mouth, a simple 'point and press' button to release a quick, targeted burst of water, and a cordless, rechargeable handle that fits on the same charger as the Sonicare FlexCare. The AirFloss cleans between all teeth in less than 60 seconds. It has a nozzle guidance tip to ensure targeted cleaning between teeth and produces less than a teaspoon of water per whole mouth clean. The AirFloss can also be used with your favourite mouthwash to enhance the overall experience of freshness and oral health benefits.
Safe and gentle
Sonicare AirFloss is gentle on teeth and gums and is safe to use with dental restorative materials. In fact, 78% of people tested by Philips reported that Sonicare AirFloss was gentler on teeth and gums than regular manual dental floss.
Brushing and flossing are a strong combination against gum disease. By making them both a regular part of your daily oral care routine, you help prevent tooth decay and gum disease that, if left untreated, ultimately damage gum tissue and the bones that support the teeth. Brushing twice a day and flossing once a day help prevent tooth decay and gum disease. They work together as an unbeatable team — neither one works as well without the other.
If you brush your teeth but don’t floss, a significant portion of your teeth are left unclean. In fact, you’ll only be getting 60% of your teeth clean, because 40% of your tooth surfaces are in between your teeth, where bits of food can easily get caught. Flossing helps you reach in between the back teeth, which are difficult to brush. By not flossing, you’re not reaching the bacteria that will build up and cause plaque, bad breath and infection. By keeping your mouth healthy you’ll also keep your breath fresher.
How do I use the AirFloss?
- Fill the reservoir - After the handle is charged, attach the nozzle and fill the reservoir with two teaspoons of water or your favorite mouthwash. The reservoir holds enough for two full uses, so you only need to fill it every other use.
- Prime the nozzle - For the first use, fill the reservoir, press the power button to turn Sonicare AirFloss on, then press the activation button approximately six times or until spray comes out of the nozzle.
- AirFloss placement - Place the tip between teeth and apply gentle pressure. You can begin wherever you like in your mouth.
- Begin cleaning - As the tip rests between your teeth, press the activation button. The innovative technology delivers a powerful burst of air and water that effectively yet gently cleans deep between your teeth.
- Repeat for each interdental area - Glide the guidance tip along the gum line until you feel it settle between the next set of teeth. Press the activation button again, then repeat as you glide the nozzle.
- Back teeth - Don’t forget the hard-to-reach spaces between your back teeth. The slim, angled nozzle makes it easier to reach.
- Turn the power off - When you are done, press the power button to turn off Sonicare AirFloss. Don’t worry if you forget—-the Sonicare AirFloss will automatically turn off after four minutes.
- Cleaning - After use, remove the nozzle and rinse it with water. If you like, you can use a cotton swab to wipe down the reservoir. We don’t recommend using anything other than water or mouthwash inside the device.
- 1 x AirFloss handle
- 1 x AirFloss nozzle
- 1 x Charger base